- Cameras+ is an optional module than can be purchased for use with TheSky™ Professional edition.
- It allows you to control a broad array of astrophotography devices including cameras, autoguiders, focusers, filter wheels, instrument rotators, remote power switches, and more.
- You can run them from macOS, Windows, and Linux (with the Multi-OS+ option).
- When you purchase TheSky™ Imaging bundle, Cameras+ (and TPoint™) are included and automatically activated, so there’s no need to purchase those options separately.
- Supports many legacy SBIG devices, including cameras, filter wheels and the legacy SBIG AO-7.
|Control any two supported cameras simultaneously; one for imaging and one for autoguiding.|
|Autoguide and acquire FITS photos.|
|Perform automated focus (using @Focus2 or @Focus3).|
|Graph autoguiding metrics, including a 3D graph of the guide star, HFD, guider errors and more.|
|Acquire an unlimited number of series of photos, each with different exposure times, filter wheel settings, calibration and more to automate LRGB or any other filter sequence.|
|Automatically save photos (with highly flexible and configurable names and folders).|
|Built-in dithering using the Take Series command.|
|Create and apply master calibration frames.|
|Reduce photos (apply dark frame, bias and flat frames) using multiple CPUs when available.|
|Allows TheSky™ to provide, native, standalone, automated pointing calibration runs (the optional TPoint™ module required) for telescope modeling and accurate polar alignment.|
|Allows TheSky™ automatically determine your image scale with a single button click.|
|Scripted device control and image acquisition (using Java Script on macOS, Linux, and Windows or via COM automation on Windows).|
|The telescope’s position (RA/Dec coordinates) are automatically added to the FITS header|
|Adjust photos’ white and black points using a graphical histogram control.|
|Natively control many cameras, focusers, filter wheels, and instrument rotators, on macOS, Linux and Windows.|
|Control ASCOM-compliant hardware (Windows only).|
|Perform astrometric solutions using Image Link.|
Important Cameras+ Notes:
- TheSky™ Professional includes a 90-day free trial for a variety of software modules including Cameras+, Domes, and TPoint™.
- To be clear, the Cameras+ module is not included with TheSky™ Professional beyond its trial period and and must be purchased separately.
- The Cameras+ module is activated from within from TheSky™ Professional as described here.
- Because the Cameras+ module is already included with TheSky™ Imaging bundle, you wouldn’t need to purchase it separately (the bundle also includes the TPoint™ module).