Important note: The Paramount MYT tripod has been superseded by the Helium Model 200 Tripod for the Paramount MYT and is no longer in production.
The Paramount MYT Tripod makes an ideal pedestal to carry the Paramount MYT Robotic Telescope Mount.
Features and Specifications:
- 68 kg (150 lb.) maximum payload capacity
- 9 kg (20 lb.) total weight
- All aluminum construction (other than stainless fasteners and feet)
- 18.4 cm (7 1/4 in.) wide top plate rotates 360° to assist polar alignment
- Sliding collar system allows the legs to be placed in three positions:
- Fully retracted (64 cm/25 in. length) for transport
- Middle (79 cm/31 in. tall)
- Lower (70 cm/27.5 in. tall)
- Stainless steel feet swivel to conform to most mounting surfaces
- Legs can be extended up to 5 inches to accommodate uneven surfaces, or to increase the tripod height
- Soft-sided carrying case pictured above sold separately
- When used with the optional 10-inch (25 cm) extension tube, an optional long carrying case can be purchased separately