What you need to know:
- Both TheSkyX Professional Edition and TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition offer a free 90-day TPoint trial period.
- After purchasing TPoint, is is activated using the serial number that is automatically registered to your account when you purchase this product. Details on how to activate TPoint are in the TPoint Add On User Guide.
- Once TheSkyX Professional Edition or Serious Astronomer Edition is installed, there is no need to download or install the Add On separately. The TPoint module must be activated from within TheSkyX using the serial number that is automatically registered to your account when you purchase the Add On from the Software Bisque Store.
Important Distinctions Between the TPoint Add On and TheSkyX:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition includes a 90-day free trial for the Camera, Dome, and TPoint modules. TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition includes a free 90-day TPoint module trial.
- TheSkyX Professional Edition and Serious Astronomer Edition can control your “go to” telescope and show the position of the telescope on a simulated Sky Chart.
- The optional TPoint Add On provides tools for telescope pointing analysis, polar alignment and improves telescope pointing accuracy, however, the TPoint module is not required to control telescopes.
- When the telescope is commanded to slew from TheSkyX, once the telescope is calibrated, the TPoint module works “behind the scenes” to improve the telescope’s pointing accuracy.