What you need to know:
- When you purchase TheSky Imaging Edition, the TPoint module is included and automatically activated, so there’s no need to purchase TPoint separately.
- Both TheSkyX Professional Edition and TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition offer a free 90-day TPoint module trial period.
- After purchasing the TPoint module, it must be activated as described here.
Important Distinctions between TheSky and the TPoint module:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition includes a 90-day free trial for the Camera, Dome, and TPoint modules.
- TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition includes a free 90-day TPoint module trial.
- Both TheSkyX Professional Edition and Serious Astronomer Edition can control your “go to” telescope and show the position of the telescope on a simulated Sky Chart.
- The TPoint module provides tools for telescope pointing analysis, polar alignment and improves telescope pointing accuracy, however, the TPoint module is not required to control telescopes.
- After the telescope is calibrated by pointing to a number of locations across the sky, TPoint can create a pointing model and work behind the scenes to automatically improve the telescope’s pointing accuracy (and tracking with Paramount mounts).