Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1155 – THE MAXIMUM SLEWING RATE ON THE PARAMOUNT ME JOYSTICK IS NOT CONSISTENT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1155

THE MAXIMUM SLEWING RATE ON THE PARAMOUNT ME JOYSTICK IS NOT CONSISTENT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS

ISSUE

For a given axis (either right ascension or declination), the maximum slewing rate of the Paramount ME joystick is greater in one direction than in the opposite direction.

RESOLUTION

The Paramount ME’s joystick has potentiometers that can be adjusted to control the maximum slew rate in each direction, for each axis. 

To Adjust the Joystick’s Potentiometers

1. Unplug the joystick from the Paramount ME Adaptor Panel.

2. Using a 3/32 Alan wrench, remove the four socket head cap screws that hold the joystick assembly together.

3. While holding the top of the joystick in your right hand, turn the joystick box upside down and then gently remove the bottom of the joystick box with your left hand. Note the position and orientation of the cable plug for reassembly.

4. There are two potentiometers one the plastic joystick box, one controls the right the ascension axis (number 2 in the picture below), and one the declination axis (number 1 in the picture below). 

The potentiometer can be adjusted by loosening the Phillips head screw about one-half turn, then rotating the potentiometer about this screw. Typically, the Phillip’s head screw should be centered in the slot. You may need to adjust it differently for your joystick controller. Note that a small adjustment (say, about 1 mm) will affect the maximum slewing rates.

1. After making the adjustment to each potentiometer, and with the joystick box still disassembled, plug the joystick into the Paramount ME Adaptor Panel, and try the new setting. 
    • Always unplug the joystick from the Paramount ME before making adjustments to the potentiometers.
    • Never tighten or loosen the potentiometer adjustment screws when the joystick is plugged into the Paramount ME’s adaptor panel.
    1. Once the slewing rates are equal in each direction for both axes, unplug the joystick from the Paramount ME, tighten the two potentiometer adjustment screws until snug, and then carefully reassemble the joystick box.

APPLIES TO

Paramount ME with the MKS 4000 control system.

KEYWORDS

SBKB

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.