Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1179 – DRAWING THESKY6’S LOCAL HORIZON LINE USING A TELESCOPE

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1179

DRAWING THESKY6’S LOCAL HORIZON LINE USING A TELESCOPE

ISSUE

I want to use my telescope to draw my local horizon line using the position of the telescope. Is this possible?

RESOLUTION

Use TheSky6’s Telescope | Line Editor to draw your local horizon line. Here’s how to configure TheSky6 to do so:

1. Turn off the “photographic horizon” by clicking View | Real Mode Options and then clear the “Horizon Picture” option. User-defined horizons are not shown unless the photographic horizon is turned off.
    2. Click Telescope | Setup, select your telescope from the list and then click OK.
    3. Click Telescope | Link | Establish.
    4. If required for your telescope, synchronize the telescope at a known point, preferably near the local horizon.
    5. Slew the telescope to a “starting position” (such as due south) to draw the local horizon.
    5. Click Telescope | Line Editor, and then click the “Horizon Line” option and the “Continuously Follow Telescope” option.
    6. Use the telescope’s hand paddle to slew the telescope. The local horizon will be drawn based upon the position of the telescope’s cross hairs on the Virtual Sky.

APPLIES TO

TheSky6 Serious Astronomer Edition, TheSky6 Professional Edition

KEYWORDS

SBKB

Last Reviewed: 01/13/2005

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.