Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1057 – Creating FOVI of a Specific Size

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1057

CREATING A SPECIFIC SIZE FIELD OF VIEW INDICATOR IN THESKY6

ISSUE

I want to create a field of view indicator for my 7 degree field binoculars (or other optical system in which the field of view is known). How can I do this in TheSky6?

RESOLUTION

FOVIs of any size can be created in TheSky6. Here’s how.

1. Click View | Field of View Indicators.

2. On the Telescopes tab, click Create.

3. On the Create/Edit Telescope dialog box, enter a description of the optical system. For this example, enter My Binoculars.

4. Enter the aperture of your binoculars. For example, if your binoculars are rated as 7×50, then enter 50 into the millimeters text box. The Focal Ratio does not apply for this example, so the default value can be used. Click OK.

5. On the Detector tab, click Create.

6. On the Create/Edit Detector Geometry dialog box, in the Detector Description, enter Binocular FOVI

7. Click mm for the Units.

8. Click Circle for the Shape

9. In the Size X and Y, enter the field of view of the optical system in arcminutes. For this example, enter 420 for both fields (7 degrees x 60 arcminutes/degree).

10. Click OK.

11. On the Create FOVIs tab, click the My Detector option, and then select Binocular FOVI from the list. Select Binocular from the My Telescope list.

12. Click Add My FOVI.

13. On the My FOVIs tab, select the Binocular FOVI description, and then click the Preview option to view this new FOVI.

APPLIES TO

TheSky6 Serious Astronomer Edition and TheSky6 Professional Edition.

KEYWORDS

SBKB, custom, user-defined

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.