Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1135 – HOW CAN I RETURN THESKY6 TO ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS WITHOUT REINSTALLING?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1135

HOW CAN I RETURN THESKY6 TO ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS WITHOUT UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING?

ISSUE

How can I return TheSky6 to all default settings without uninstalling and reinstalling?

More Information

If you encounter a problem with TheSky6 that you believe will be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling, try the procedure below first.

RESOLUTION

1. Exit TheSky6.
    2. Run the program TheSky6Defaults.exe (see Important Notes below first) located in the TheSky6’s folder. With the default options selected, click OK.
    3. Start TheSky6 and all the default settings will apply.

Important Notes

• TheSky6Defaults.exe creates a backup copy of your data to a new folder in the My Documents/Software Bisque folder. The name of the folder that contains TheSky6’s “backed up files” is TheSky6 Archive N, where N represents the number of times TheSky6 Defaults.exe has been run. After running TheSky6Defaults.exe, if you need to retrieve a file, just copy it from the archive folder to the appropriate TheSky6 folder.
    • An administrative account is required to run “TheSky6Defaults.exe”. If you ever think you need to reinstall TheSky6, first try “TheSky6Defaults.exe” and see if the problem is resolved.

APPLIES TO

TheSky6

KEYWORDS

SBKB re-install set reset all default settings

Last Reviewed: 06/14/2006

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.