- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2:00 pm on 2005-08-23 by admin.
August 23, 2005 at 2:00 pm #88308
Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1169
SOFTWARE BISQUE SOFTWARE FOR MAC, LINUX, WINDOWS AND WINDOWS MOBILE OS
Is Software Bisque actively developing TheSky, CCDSoft, Orchestrate, TPoint , PrecisionPEC and AutomaDome for Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems?
Yes. The next generation of TheSky, called TheSkyX is here. TheSkyX is available in the following Editions:
- Software Bisque's current and future product development is based on the technology in TheSkyX.
Offers These Optional Add Ons…
TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition
In addition to telescope control, TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition offers the TPoint Add On for telescope pointing analysis. The TPoint Add On supersedes the legacy TPoint for Windows application. TheSkyX Professional Edition
The Camera Add On is a work in progress that presently provides SBIG CCD camera control on Mac and Windows. Note that the Camera Add On is required to allow TheSkyX Professional Edition to control CCD Cameras. However, the Camera Add On does not yet have all the device control (multiple vendor camera control, filter wheel control, focuser control, AO device control) and other features (calibration, automated focus, image processing) of the legacy CCDSoft Version 5 for Windows. For now, TheSkyX Professional Edition for Windows can be used with CCDSoft for Windows for observatory-wide hardware integration.
Advanced Paramount ME and Paramount MX periodic error correction is included with and integrated into TheSkyX Professional Edition. This functionality supersedes the legacy PrecisionPEC for Windows application.
TheSkyX Professional Edition Database Add On – 200 GB of star catalogs and the 10X Palomar Sky Survey to replace the legacy star databases supported in TheSky6 Professional Edition.
Multi-OS and Six License Add On to allow TheSkyX Pro to be installed on multiple computers on the operating system of your choice.
Other TheSkyX Editions
- TheSkyX for Windows Mobile OS: no support planned.
- TheSkyX for iOS (iPhone/iPod and iPad) is available on the App Store.
- TheSkyX Professional Edition for Linux and Rasbian (Raspberry Pi) are available now as part of the Paramount Software Suite or to TheSkyX Professional Edition+Camera Add On+TPoint Add On licensees by purchasing the Multi-OS and Six License Add On.
- Software Bisque's primary development efforts are presently focused on integrating CCDSoft for Windows functionality into the Camera Add On. (Complete.)
- Completing the Scripting Add On to TheSkyX Professional Edition that replaces the legacy Orchestrate for Windows application. (Work in progress.)
- Software Bisque is working the astronomy hardware vendors and software developers to adopt and utilize the X2 Standard that allows third-parties to write cross platform telescope, camera, dome and other astronomical device drivers for TheSkyX Professional Edition from a single set of source code. The growing list of supported devices is here.
TheSky Astronomy Software, CCDSoft Astronomy Software, TPoint for Windows, Orchestrate, AutomaDome, PrecisionPEC, TheSky Pocket Edition.
SBKB, Macintosh, Windows, Linux, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, TheSkyX, legacy, road map
Last Reviewed: 07/07/2017
The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.