Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1184 – HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE CCDSOFT TRACKING BOX?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1184

HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE CCDSOFT TRACKING BOX?

ISSUE

How do I change the size of the CCDSoft tracking box?

RESOLUTION

By default CCDSoft uses a 32×32 pixel “tracking box” to autoguide.

Preferrred Method

To change the size of the track box (via Windows Script)

A Visual Basic script that changes the size of the CCDSoft track box can be downloaded from the Software Bisque ftp site.

1. Download TrackBox.zip, and unzip the file named TrackBox.vbs.

2. Open this file using any text editor (such as NotePad) and set the “Width” variable to the desired tracking box width.

3. Double-click on the file “TrackBox.vbs” to run the script to use the defined track box size.

Alternate Method

To change the size of the track box (editing the Windows Registry)

1. Start CCDSoft and note the name of the camera you are using under the Setup tab of the camera control window. For this example lets assume you are using an “SBIG ST-1001E/1001XE” camera.

2. Exit CCDSoft (very important).

3. Run the registry editor (Please read: Article 1059 and Article 1066 first).

4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Software Bisque/CCDSoft/SBIG ST-1001E/1001XE (Your camera name here).

5. Under this key, find and highlight the m_TrackBoxHiRes.cx entry and click Edit | Modify to enter the new width.

6. Find and highlight the m_TrackBoxHiRes.cy to change the track box height.

7. Start CCDSoft, autoguide and notice the changed size in the tracking box.

APPLIES TO

CCDSoft Version 5

KEYWORDS

SBKB

Last Reviewed:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.