Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1216 – USING A DIFFERENT COMPUTER WITH AN ESTABLISHED PARAMOUNT ME

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Daniel R. Bisque
    Keymaster

Software Bisque Knowledge Base Article – 1216

USING A DIFFERENT COMPUTER WITH AN ESTABLISHED PARAMOUNT ME

ISSUE

I have a new computer that I want to use with my Paramount ME, and my previous computer works perfectly with it. How do I get my new computer to use all the settings and TPoint model from my old computer so I don't have to start from scratch?

RESOLUTION

TheSky6 Professional Edition

After installing the latest versions of the Paramount ME-related software (TheSky6, CCDSoft, TPoint, Orchestrate, etc.) on the new computer, copy the following files from the earlier computer to the new computer:

1. Normal.sky (this has your TPoint model embedded). Location: /Software Bisque/TheSky6/Documents folder.
    2. MKSOptions.dat (settings specfic to the MKS controller). Location: /Software Bisque/TheSky6 folder.
    3. Paramount ME.cfg (general telescope settings). Location: /Software Bisque/TheSky6/Documents folder.   

TheSkyX Professional Edition

1. Install TheSkyX Professional Edition to the new computer.
    2. Exit TheSkyX if it is running.
    3. See Backing Up or Copying Settings in the user guide for details how to replicate TheSkyX (including the TPoint model) on the second computer.

APPLIES TO

Paramount ME, TheSky6, TPoint, CCDSoft, Orchestrate

KEYWORDS

SBKB

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.