Forums Knowledge Base Knowledge Base Articles 1160 – AN SBIG CAMERA FIELD OF VIEW INDICATOR IS NOT LISTED IN THESKY

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

AN SBIG CAMERA FIELD OF VIEW INDICATOR IS NOT LISTED IN THESKY6

ISSUE

I want to create a FOVI based on the SBIG ST-11000 CCD (or other) camera, but it is not listed in the Detector Database list on the View > Field of View Indicators, Detectors tab.

RESOLUTION

The specifications for the SBIG STL-11000 (and other newer model SBIG cameras) are included with TheSky6 version 6.0.0.23 and later. Click here to download TheSky6 Update.

Note: In order to preserve your modifications to the detector geometry list, the file that contains new detector information is not updated automatically.

To update this file, replace the file named Detector Geometry.txt in the TheSky6's My Documents folder with the newer, updated version of this same named file in TheSky6's Data folder. See below for details on how to do so.

1. From Windows Explorer, navigate to the TheSky6's Data/User/Field of View Indicators folder, by default, it is located in the folder:

“C:/Program Files/ Software Bisque/TheSky6/Data/User/Field of View Indicators” 

2. Select the file named Detector Geometry.txt and then click Edit | Copy.
    3. Navigate to the folder “My Documents/Software Bisque/TheSky6/Field of View Indicators” and then click Edit | Paste.
    4. When prompted to replace the existing file, click Yes.

If you've made changes to your list of detectors, and just want to add the SBIG STL-11000 (or other model camera) to your list of detectors, then edit “Detector Geometry.txt” in the “My Documents” folder and add the “STL-11000 + ST-237…” information from the “Detector Geometry.txt” file in TheSky6's Data/User/Field of View Indicators folder.

APPLIES TO

TheSky6 Professional Edition, TheSky6 Serious Astronomer Edition version 6.0.0.21 and earlier.

KEYWORDS

SBKB

Last Reviewed:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Knowledge Base Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.